How to Choose a Floor Drain?
Although the floor drain is small, it is an important device for the drainage of bathrooms, kitchens and balconies. Its importance lies in that, firstly, it controls the air quality of the bathroom, and does not allow any odor from the sewer to enter the bathroom; secondly, it ensures the smoothness of the floor drainage of the bathroom, which is not easily blocked and does not require frequent cleaning, reducing the burden on users.
But most users often ignore this basic principle and focus only on the choice of appearance. The reliability of deodorization, especially the drainage speed index, is not paid attention to, and as a result, it will suffer from undetectable odors every day; even worse, it will suffer from the suffering of cleaning floor drains every day.
A floor drain that does not drain quickly is not called a good floor drain. What is fast drainage? Fast drainage is to be close to that, when the building is fully opened, the inherent 5mm diameter sewer pipe directly drains the water.
If this effect is not achieved, it is an unqualified floor drain. So how to choose a qualified floor drain? Next, let’s George Bathroom, a sanitary ware company, giving you some suggestions.
Ⅰ. How to choose a floor drain?
The floor drain is used for the drainage of the bathroom. It is very important to choose a good floor drain. If the floor drain is not selected properly, it is easy to cause water accumulation. When you are halfway through taking a bath, you will be interrupted by the accumulation of water on the soles of your feet, and you need to squat down to clean the floor drain. Or make the water outlet smaller, so that the water can be slowly drained from the floor drain.
1. A very important point is the deodorization function of the floor drain. We all know that if the floor drain is not purchased well, the unpleasant smell in the sewer is very easy to float into the room, which seriously affects the living comfort of our home and our health. Therefore, the deodorant function of the floor drain is very important.
2. Depending on the installation location of the floor drain, its functionality will also be different. We need to see the location of the sewer and how much drainage is required. If the water consumption is relatively large, we must choose a floor drain with a large drainage volume.
Otherwise, the drainage The effect is relatively slow, and there will be a lot of stagnant water on the floor that cannot be discharged in time.
3. The floor drain should also have very good filterability, which is very easy to be ignored by everyone. If the filter performance of the floor drain you purchased is not very good, the sewer pipe will often be blocked in life, requiring frequent maintenance and treatment, so The filterability of the floor drain should also be considered.
Ⅱ. How to aviod water accumulation?
1. The slope of the bathroom must also be found, which is directly related to the drainage efficiency. The slope of the toilet is 2‰~5‰. Generally speaking, if it can reach 5‰, there will be almost no water accumulation. The more the slope is shaking, the faster the drainage will be.
Finding a good slope is carried out during the construction stage. First, find the slope with the cement mortar underneath, and then find the slope as a whole when tiling. Use cement mortar under the tiles to adjust the slope. In this way, the tile layer basically drains the water. If some water runs under the tiles, it can also be drained by the slope of the cement mortar.
2. You need to choose a good floor drain. If you want to launch the water faster, you can choose to make a back-type floor drain. The common practice is to take the floor drain as the center, cut a box around 6~10cm, and then cut the diagonal of the box, and the cut trapezoidal tiles are inclined inward to form a slope when paving.
Ⅲ. What are the types of floor drains
*Whether you buy a cheap or expensive floor drain, the material and panel are not the most important points for launching the water. The core of the floor drain is the floor drain core. The common types of floor drains on the market today include deep water sealing floor drains, gravity replica floor drains and silicone floor drains.
The speed of the deep water seal floor drain is not as fast as the gravity replica and the silicone floor drain, because the deep water seal floor drain has a water trap to isolate the odor, but it will also affect the water flow speed.
*Although the floor drain is a small part of interior decoration, it is an important channel connecting the drainage system and the indoor floor. A good floor drain should have the functions of anti-odor, anti-insect, anti-clogging, anti-water reflection, etc. If it has a good-looking appearance, it is a plus point for a floor drain product.
Therefore, with the continuous development of the interior decoration and floor drain industry, the current floor drain shape is developing in a personalized direction. In addition to the early round and square floor drains, there are also strip floor drains and invisible floor drains.
1. Gravity replica floor drain
The gravity replica type floor drain uses the gravity of water to open the replica to drain, and when there is no water, the replica will automatically close to isolate the odor.
The principle is similar to the flue check valve. The drainage principle of the gravity replica floor drain is similar to that of the T-type spring floor drain. Its bottom sealing cover is equipped with a balance block on one side, like a seesaw.
When the weight of the water flow is greater than the weight of the counterweight, the sealing cover will be opened. When there is no water flow, the cover plate is automatically closed by gravity or magnetic force to isolate the air.
2. Silicone floor drain
This type of floor drain is a floor drain that has appeared in recent years. Its inner core is a silicone bag with an open bottom. When draining, due to the gravity of the water, the silicone tapes that were originally sucked together are washed away by the water for drainage.
After the drainage is completed the bottom of the silicone bag is automatically attached to realize the function of deodorization. And if the mouth of the cover is stuck with dirt, the silicone head cannot be closed tightly, there are gaps, it is easy to return to odor, and it needs to be replaced regularly. It is more recommended to use in rental rooms.
3. Long strip floor drain
The long floor drain comes with a water storage box, and the water flows into the water storage box first, and then discharges through the floor drain, which can greatly alleviate the water accumulation on the floor.
The long floor drain is usually installed in the shower room of the bathroom, which has a certain effect of alleviating the water accumulation. When we take a bath, there will be more water on the floor.
Because the long floor drain itself has a long groove, Then this groove has the effect of alleviating the accumulation of water, allowing the accumulation of water in the shower room to slowly flow into the sewer.
4. Invisible floor drain
In addition, there is a more beautiful invisible floor drain, which is similar to the strip floor drain and can also be embedded with tiles, but it is not limited to rectangles. Generally, the cover plate of the invisible floor drain is used for both positive and negative.
The front is an ordinary metal solid cover, and the reverse is a tile of the same material as the ground. The use of invisible floor drains has a feeling of “invisibility”, and often you can’t see the floor drain part without looking carefully.
The invisible floor drain makes the overall decoration more harmonious and unified. But this kind of floor drain has a disadvantage, that is, it is not convenient to clean the cover plate every time.
Ⅳ. How to install a floor drain?
1. Before installation, we need to prepare the floor drain and check whether it is new, damaged, and whether the accessories are complete.
2. Then we have to check the inside of the drain pipe to see if there are stains on the nozzle and whether the inside of the pipe is gritty soil. If the drain pipe is too close to the ground, we should cut the drain pipe appropriately so that the panel after the floor drain is installed is slightly lower than the ground.
3. Since its installation is to be carried out at the same time as the floor tiles, after the waterproofing of the floor is completed, we can start preparing the floor tiles and installing the floor drain. The installation of the floor drain is actually not difficult. Before installation, we have to choose a floor drain of the corresponding size, put cement on the back of the floor drain, align it with the drain, and then cover the floor drain panel.
4. We need to set aside a position for the floor drain in advance to wait for installation, and we need to ensure that the position of the floor drain is lower than the height of the surrounding floor tiles, which is what we often call the water slope treatment.
The general treatment method is to place the floor drain on the installation pipe, and then measure to determine the tile cutting size. Then cut the tiles, then fix the floor drain, and lay the cut tiles around the floor drain to form a drainage slope.
5. After it is installed, we also need to use a specific adhesive to fix it and bond it to the floor tile. Only in this way can it have a long service life, and can ensure that the odor of the sewer pipe cannot be emitted through the gap. After that, we also need to check the installation of the floor drain and check whether there are sundries in the water pipe, so as not to affect the normal use of the floor drain.
The floor drain is an important interface connecting the drainage pipe system and the indoor floor. As an important part of the drainage system in the residence, its performance directly affects the quality of indoor air and is very important for the control of odor in the bathroom.